Situated on the northern coastline, we are sheltered from the prevailing easterlies yet catch the cooling breeze in the summer. Being only two minutes drive from the main township of Avarua we are conveniently central to shopping, cafes, restaurants and the well patronized Punanganui market on a Saturday morning.
Find us After Macs Cafe and before the popular Tamarind House Restaurant. Turn right before the little bridge and come up the rise by Avarua bakery.
The two cottages have two bedrooms each with a top of the range queen size bed with mattress and pillow protectors. Each room has over head ceiling fans for your cooling comfort. These cottages can each sleep two couples comfortably.
Each cottage has a spacious verandah with a trellis for privacy and is surrounded by fruit trees, gardinia and tiari Maori flowering bushes. The fully equipped kitchen has an electric oven, microwave, fridge/ freezer, with dining and lounge area.
Guests are encouraged to use separated rubbish disposal bins provided for paper, glass, plastic and food scraps to assist in recycling.
A laundry service is available on request.
The bathroom is spacious, and the bathroom linen is changed every day except Sunday.
The cottages are fully furnished and insect screened. A telephone is available for local calls and there is a radio and television with CD player.
Te Kaka Retreat offers the following:
- Nestled in the hills of Tupapa are two secluded (two bedroom) self contained cottages
- Stunning sunsets with spectacular beach, bush and town views
- Walking distance to Avarua town and restaurants
- Environmentally friendly
- Totally smoke free
- Cooked meal available on request on Sundays
- Free airport pick-up and delivery
- Experience the 4 R's: Rest, Relaxation, Rejuvenation and Refresh yourself!
- Beach towels are available on request
- Personalised service so that you can experience the real Cook Islands by living among us.
Come enjoy your stay with us at the new, modern Te Kaka Retreat.
Rates (per night):
Minimum stay is 3 days.
||$75.00 per person per night
||$65.00 per person per night
||$55.00 per person per night
||$50.00 per person per night
Click here to make a booking with us.